Friday, March 25, 2016

BELGIUM'S UNIQUE HOUSES.

It has been an eventful week leading up to Easter, with U.S.' presidential race DRAMA, POTUS' visit to Cuba and the attack on Belgium it was hard for me to stay focus on my blog.  I thought "hey why don't I research Belgium"?

Hannes Coudenys, 33 is an internet blogger who also wrote a book after his blog about some houses in Belgium caused a buzz.  His book is titled "Ugly Belgium Houses".   Click on the link and below, to see the homes.  I don't think they're "ugly" but they are quite unique.

Brussels is the capitol city of Belgium.  It's located in the heart of Belgium. They have shops & cafes inside 17th-century guild hall/houses ( a hall used for guilds to have meetings) & 19th -century Maison du Roi houses the Musee dela Villa de Bruxelles history museum and much more.  I will definately visit Belgium.



Guild Hall / House




6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcella:
    First, just wanted to let you know that your link is not working. In the header, you can click on the icon (I think it says 'url') and paste it in there. Be sure to highlight on your page, where you would like for it to go before you paste. Anyway, I copied and pasted the URL from your page and was able to take a look at these 'so-called' "ugly" houses. I find them quite interesting actually. I can't help but wonder what the insides look like and how functional they are. Some of them look like they could be quite comfortable inside, some even cozy. Thank you for your post, it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria. I fixed it. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. One day I definitely want to travel to Belgium! The food and architecture seems incredible! I also don't think the "ugly" homes in Belgium are ugly! They are so unique and different. I would love to visit these unique homes. Very fascinating, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could go now, darn terror acts have me scared to fly anywhere. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  4. This place looks like an extravagant place. I do agree that the houses in the pictures do look unique. It is definitely different from your normal universal house. Great visual aids!

    ReplyDelete